Monday, August 14, 2006

Back from Vacay... miss me?

Spent a week foraging up and down the East Coast- visiting fam and the like. Summer vacation really isn't a vacation once you've got kids. Ughh. I'm getting a headache just thinking about the mounds of laundry that await me in the next room.

I did learn a few things while away:

1. How to make alcoholic flan (courtesy of my best friend Ro)
2. Castro and Chavez are secretly made from the same puppet fiber used on the funky characters in "Crankyankers".
3. How to kill an exotic houseplant (due to not watering it for a few days).
4. Kids are never to be trusted with pens- even if they're older than 10.

We managed to find $1.78 in this fun-filled week- 4 quarters, 4 dimes, 4 nickels, and 18 pennies.
Today I get to play catchup with the bills and assorted back-to-school junk. Perhaps i'll find some more $$ as the day isn't up yet.. if I do, it'll be accounted for in an addendum to this post.


Total Cash found and redeemed today: $1.78
Total Since Blog Inception: $304.44

No comments: