Monday, August 07, 2006

The runaway buck


Our travels took us to an unexplored corner of Staten Island today. Just when I thought the island was overflowing with new construction, a friend showed me a successive string of parks that took my breath away. Still, it is nothing compared to the beauty of untouched wildlife (something I think may never truly exist in New York or any place on the east coast) ::sigh::

Today I found one whole dollar while roaming around Blue Heron Park. I think I may have spotted an egret in the process of retrieving the buck. I did my best not to bother her or the string of Canadian geese that littered a manmade pond.

Since it's still early in the day, I may find more.. so stay tuned for a possible update.

Total Cash found and redeemed today: $1.00
Total Since Blog Inception: $302.66

1 comment:

Bailey said...

Foldable finds are always fun! Congrats on doing so well since October!