Tuesday, May 23, 2006

High School Musical is out on DVD - Got your copy yet?



Psst... HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL is out on DVD today. Got your copy yet? Sandy Cheeks begged me to get it and I caved in. $14.99 at Best Buy. She is sooo into this right now. Heck, she's even got Kitty chiming along to the soundtrack. Thumbs up, Disney, for finally coming up with something ORIGINAL.


I am so happy! Now that school's out I can catch up on favorite pastimes (READING!!!!) and spend time with my kitty cats. Today we spent 80% of the day outside (it's too beautiful to stay in nowadays) . I did slide a bit on the cleaning up aspect but it's ok, there's always tomorrow!

I've got a few books lined up for summer reading.
Ooh.. on a happier note, I am delighted that my former colleagues raised enough ruckus to get Arnie Kantrowitz a well deserved Dolphin Award for Excellence in Teaching. Love ya Special K!

****************
Here's the poem I was discussing during the ordering, S.

“Alone” by Maya Angelou

Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don’t believe I’m wrong
That nobody
But nobody
Can make it our here along.

Alone, all along
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it our here alone.

There are some millionaires
With money they can
T use
Their wives round like banshees
Their children sing the blues
They’ve got expensive doctors
To cure their hearts of stone.

But nobody
No nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Now if you listen closely
I’ll tell you what I know
Storm clouds are gathering
The wind is gonna blow
The race of man is suffering
And I can here the moan,
Cause nobody
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone

****************************


CHANGEPOT UPDATES:

Today we found a total of $3.36 in the form of TWO dollar bills, one quarter, eight dimes, two nickels, and twenty one pennies. INCREDIBLE! Since we have incorporated healthy exercise in our family's downtime, our treks yield massive amounts of change. Here's the breakdown of loot and where we found it.

DOLLAR#1: Found in the grass by the baseball field (under the bleachers) at school. Judging from the looks of things, the bill has been living there for quite some time (apparently a bird ran out of toilet paper-see below).

DOLLAR #2: Found in the BEST BUY parking lot. Hubby's got excellent peripheral vision- where I usually confuse leaves for dollars, he knew what it was before any of us cared to look. You go boyyy!!!

The rest of the cash: Six dimes, two nickels and fourteen pennies were found all over campus. The rest of the change came from the mall where we had a quick lunch and hubby earned a fan (I'll let him tell the tale).


Total Cash found and redeemed today: $3.36
Total Since Blog Inception: $107.15

No comments: