Monday, June 05, 2006

Fifteen things I am thankful for today: 06-05-2006

1. Diversity. Without it, life would be completely monotonous.

2. Cable TV. I admit it. I may very well be the only one who enjoys Green Acres and Benson enough to watch their respective weekend-marathons

3. Bubba Keg 52oz cooler. Of all the containers I've ever owned, this one beats them all hands down.

4. Tote Bags. Where else could one pack wipes, drinks, snacks, cameras, pens, activity books, keys, phones, notebooks AND a potty training seat?

5. Stacker 2. I am a mom to two very athletic kids. Need I say more?

6. Drivers License. It sucks to stay home. Really. It took me 25 years to realize just how boring being carless can be

7. Stitch. Our pooch has the body of a chihuaha but his attitude matches that of a cocky pit-bull.

8. Sunscreen. While I rarely tan, the lotion keeps my skin from roasting and peeling- two ugly phases I tend to go through in pre-summer weather.

9. Dr. Gordon DiPaolo. His smile melts my frustrations away! I can't explain it. What can I say? He's my Adam West.

10. My Plants. They are quiet, reserved, and determined to live. We should follow their example, methinks.

11. Oscar Wilde, Walt Whitman, and Arnie Kantrowitz. This trio will always live on in my mind as the trifecta of ENL 399- Male Gay Literature- quite possibly the greatest undergrad course I've taken. Long live Gay Pride!

12. Rain. The smell of rain makes me quite nostalgic. Without rain, there would be no meditation for me.

13. Opera. It's a refined taste!

14. The Secret. It has changed my outlook on life, liberty, and the pursuit of dropped coinage.

15. My family. With them: I have less grays. I save more money. I can eat pumpkin pie whenever the mood strikes. I can bowl a perfect game. I can perfect the art of throwing snowballs by using the little ones as target practice. I can learn the lyrics to all the songs in Disney's "High School Musical". I can plant humongous sunflowers and name them after the Beatles. I can rule the world, balance a checkbook, avert a national crisis, clean the entire house .. and at the end of the day when I am ready to fall out from sheer exhaustion, I can still claim a "hug and five free kisses" from my big girl Kitty.

B
Y

THE

W
A
Y...

Have you hugged your loved ones today?
(you'll be sooo glad you did.)

No comments: