Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Daze.


Happy 45th Anniversary, Six Flags.

OH BOYYYY!!

Today started out nice... a fun-filled day at Six Flags Great Adventure- just me and the immediate Krabs' with minimal aggravation. Until, of course, the ride home. We left Great adventure shortly after 8pm and got home at 1am on the dot. There was one INCREDIBLE accident on the NJ Turnpike- an eighteen wheeler owned exit 8 for about three hours. We sat in traffic for 4 hours. FOUR HOURS!! Luckily, the children went to sleep from sheer exhaustion and I got to listen to some obscure South Jersey radio stations.

On the upside...I am happy for these four things that occurred today:

1. Hubby and my oldest daughter are getting along much better
2. Kitty overcame her fear of heights on a balloon ride with Dad
3. I watched my oldest daughter do the right thing- something FOUR people at Great Adventures didn't do.
4. A good friend of mine has decided, after twelve years of indecision, to return to college and complete his bachelors degree (He left when he was short 16 credits.. FOUR CLASSES left).


Forget Kingda Ka, my family loves the Ka-CHING!!!

Today we found a whopping $4.26 in the form of 8 quarters, 12 dimes, 7 nickels, and 71 pennies. ALL of it was found in Great Adventure. The fact that we picked up SEVENTY ONE pennies is pretty funny. So many people leave pennies under the dining tables and benches because either they have no pockets, or if they do have it, they'd rather not stuff it with pennies. One particular bench had 7 dimes and 14 pennies under it. My youngest picked them up one by one and started counting them all as pennies (she's still learning y'all!) .

I believe this is the last Great Adventure trip for this season because we've got ALOT of things to do in the coming weeks. Ciao Party Bus! I'll hula with you next year dudes!


Chatback:
I've been told via comment that my recent findings are bordering upon Change is Good Territory (NJ). I have now decided to pick up every other coin found when I visit this plentiful garden state as to ensure proper distribution of found coinage for fellow change hunter Brian :) . Since we'll be moving over to a heavily populated area, I'll be on the lookout for new change spots and leave the older ones for newer hunters. Bah! Who am I kiddin'? I'll be checking them when I get the chance = o)

Total Cash found and redeemed today: $4.26
Total Since Blog Inception: $271.33

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was just kidding, you know... There's plenty of lost change to go around.