Monday, January 12, 2009

$0.94

A warm welcome to those who are coming over from our local news articles posted today in The Daily News and NBC New York.
My family and I are very excited to see all the attention our changepot has generated in the past three and a half years! My daughter Brianna has now decided to take over the daily accounting and posting for the changepot (a habit I highly encourage). Now back to how we got here in the first place: the totals.

On Friday we found two very cold pennies in front of our house. The weekend drill at hubby's job brought us three dimes.one nickel, and two pennies. Today my daughter found fifteen cents in the form of a dime and a nickel in the school yard and hubby found a quarter, a dime, and a nickel (in that order) while getting us three copies of the Daily news today. While we haven't found a dollar yet since the new year began, I am quite optimistic though something tells me we'll have some new competition in the change finding scene with all the new hunters turned on to the idea that yes, you can accumulate quite a bit of change if you pick up that penny. I say the more the merrier!


Total today: $0.94
Total thus far: $47.99

1 comment:

garlandofgrace said...

Wow, what you're doing is so awesome. I have a question for you: What is the dirtiest coin/piece of money that you found? And would you go great lengths to pick up a horrendously dirty penny?