Saturday, May 27, 2006

Remembrance



The pic above is the entrance to the Williamsbridge Oval park. I spent many summers here as a child, and now I brought my children to walk and play in its all-too familiar surrounding. They slid, they swung, they even shared some cotton candy. Heck, hubby even found change here. Life can't get much better than that!

Zoo York, Zoo York!
We went over to the Bronx Zoo again today. The WCS membership has been put to good use this year. The kids joined in the festivities and even designed their own butterfly wings during BUTTERFLY BLAST to commemorate the 25th year of the Children's zoo (wow, now I feel old.. I remember when they first opened it. shhhhh, don't tell hubby!!).


CHANGEPOT UPDATES:

Today we found a total of $1.81 in the form of a dollar bill, one quarter, four dimes, two nickels, and six pennies. We spent the better part of the day in my old stompin' ground, and apparently the ground felt compelled to unearth change for us. The dollar find was the most rewarding since I was with two other change hunters and they failed to notice the booty on the floor.

Total Cash found and redeemed today: $1.81
Total Since Blog Inception: $213.28

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't too impressed by the stilted butterfly chicks. One almost knocked my son over and smiled about it. Urggh!