Friday, May 26, 2006

Bleeps, Bloops, and Blunders (Music inside)




If there's one thing I can't stand it's inappropriate discipline out in public. Today while on my way to the city, I spotted a mother yelling at her son. Apparently the little tot ate something off the floor (i'd be upset too, I guess) . The mother had another child in a stroller whom she neglected while she chased down the dejected floor picker. She slapped him up without a care. I can't say I agree with her methods but I can certainly sympathize with her frustration. Kids. Part of me now understands where these grays came from.

*****
It's raining here. The sky's a vicious grape jelly color blended with thick cigar smoke.

The rain reminds me of Billie Holiday. Lyrics are provided below for sing-along.


Yesterdays,
Yesterdays
Days I knew as happy sweet
Sequestered days
Olden days,
Golden days
Days of mad romance and love
Then gay youth was mine
Truth was mine
Joyous free and flaming life
Then Sooth was mine
Sad am I,
glad am I
For today I'm dreaming of
Yesterdays


Yesterdays (snap)
Yesterdays
Days I knew as happy sweet Sequestered days
Olden days,
Golden days
Days of mad romance and love
Then gay youth was mine
Then Truth was mine
Free and flaming life
Sooth was mine
Sad am I,
glad am I
For today I'm dreaming of
Yesterdays

******

CHANGEPOT UPDATES:

Today we found a total of $1.97 in the form of three quarters, six dimes, eight nickels, and twenty two pennies. Pickins are slim since school's out and the donut addiction is waning. We also found a two pence coin (1987), and a FAKE NICKEL.
This was the same nickel we spotted months ago at Jersey Gardens. Turns out it wasn't a barbie nickel after all. Fellow change blogger Bailey had the same issue as well with a fake coin. See what he has to say by clicking here. I'll take a pic of the coin later on.

Total Cash found and redeemed today: $1.97
Total Since Blog Inception: $211.47

No comments: