Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sacagewea on the prowl...



Despite Mother Nature's occasional showers, today actually turned out quite beautiful. I love it when the clouds look like fluffy cotton balls swirling across a pale blue sky. I didn't get a chance to go out for too long today. My plants are happy because today was fertilizer day for them. I sprayed them down, pruned their dried leaves, and played some Wagner for them to enjoy.

I noticed a few things today that I'd like to share:

1. I have a total of five gray hairs on my head (which I promptly pulled upon discovering the pesky lil' buggers).

2. People will NEVER exercise good manners unless you initiate first. If and when you do, they are so caught off guard that they wind up murmuring something that vaguely sounds like a half-grunt, half-whimper.

3. Prayers aren't meant to impress others nor do they have to make sense; it's what you feel after the Prayers that dictate the effectiveness of your mini-chat.

4. It takes alot more energy to stay positive than to be negative. I bet it burns calories too! :o)

CHANGEPOT UPDATE:

Today we found $1.44 in the form of a one dollar coin (SACAGEWEA!), one quarter, one dime, one nickel, and four pennies. I was a bit shocked to find so much considering I only went to two places- Dunkin' Donuts for sweet nectar and school. Hubby found the dollar coin at the drive-thru along with a penny. It was cute seeing hubby pop back into the car with that familiar cheshire cat "I-found-something-nice" grin. The soft drink machine at school yielded a quarter and dime. On my way to the library to return a book on literature mogul Norman Corwin, I found a decrepit nickel. This one certainly counts as a pop tart. The remaining three pennies were found walking to the car. My daughter found a free-flying buck at a street fair while hanging out with the Rock and family.

Total Cash found and redeemed today: $1.44
Total Since Blog Inception: $101.76

No comments: