Saturday, October 28, 2006

Wisdom or Folly?

Today the doctor removed my bothersome tooth. I felt as though he was prying my jaw out through my mouth. Apparently I'd forgotten just how much wisdom tooth extraction hurts... luckily my bright young dentist was available to re-acquaint me. The minute I walked into that room I felt like one of pinhead's victims in "Hellraiser"- the tools on the table looked so primitive and gory ::shiver::. The doctor quickly disposed of the ugly dark tooth despite my half-hearted moans about wanting to see it. Halloween indeed.

I felt bad because hubby wanted to go out and I was in absolutely no condition to go anywhere. We did manage to run a few errands before my face puffed up. Today's finds were all hubby. He found a penny while getting my meds, another penny by the subway counter (the kids wanted meatball subs since mommy was out of commission), and a quarter and a penny at Blockbuster video (since I was in no condition to go out, he made it a blockbuster night). Sandy found nothing and seemed a bit bummed since it was day two of no finds for her. I gave her a hug and told her not to despair. The holiday seasons are approaching after all, people will be dropping much more change than usual. She smiled and drifted off to sleep peacefully.

The rain and howling winds outside sound awfully scary right now. Time to curl up into a medicated little ball of flesh while mother nature takes the spotlight tonight.

Total found today: $0.28
Total so far: $ 31.96

No comments: